More things I’ve inserted in my weaving. The rose buds and canes I collected when the gardeners pruned the roses where I live. The buds were dried on the stems.
The twigs were trimmings from a pomegranet tree. I thought the lichen on the stems went with the pink sewing thread wefts.
More tubes and supplementary warp. This type of supplementary warp I learned to call “split broche”. The threads lie in the middle of the sheds just like floating selvedges do. You put the shuttle over the threads if you don’t want them on top of the cloth. You put the shuttle under them to put them on top. And I usually weave with them in the middle of the layers and only bring them up when needed for tie-downs.
I wanted to try some color and thought the pinks would blend with the white warp threads. I used light, medium and darker pinks to try to create depth in the cloth–a la Randall Darwall.